Almond Chocolate Rugelach Rollups Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine cream cheese, margarine, flour and SPLENDA®Granulated. Process until the dough forms a ball on the blades, about 18 to 20 seconds. Remove the dough from the bowl and set aside. There’s no need to chill the dough or wash out the bowl before preparing the filling.
Process SPLENDA®Brown Sugar Blend, cinnamon, chocolate chips and almonds until finely chopped in food processor, about 25 to 30 seconds.
Divide the dough in two equal pieces; flour each piece lightly. Roll out one piece of dough on a lightly floured board into a rectangle approximately 12” x 7” (30 cm x 18 cm). Sprinkle the dough with half the filling. Roll up the dough from the long side to form a jelly roll, making sure it is seam-side down. Slice into 1-inch pieces. Place the sides on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough and lling.
Optional: Turn the slices over so they make a pinwheel shape and press slightly to flatten.
Bake at to 375°F (190°C) for 16 to 18 minutes, until lightly browned. These freeze well.
- 1/4 lb (125 g) light cream cheese, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tub margarine (non-hydrogenated) or butter, cut in chunks
- 1cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) blanched slivered almonds (sliced or whole blanched almonds can be substituted