Applesauce Snacking Cake Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) metal cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
In a small bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger together. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine and molasses with an electric mixer on high speed for approximately 1 minute.
Add egg substitute and vanilla and beat on high speed for 30 seconds. Mixture will be very liquid.
Add SPLENDA® Granulated and beat on medium speed until very smooth, approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
Add flour mixture and applesauce and beat on low speed until mixed (about 45 seconds).
Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) molasses
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) egg substitute
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened applesauce