Asparagus with Sesame-Ginger Sauce Recipe
In a food processor or blender, combine everything except the asparagus and mix until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
Cut the asparagus into two-inch (5 cm) pieces, on the diagonal.
Half-fill a large skillet with water, cover and bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and simmer just until crisp-tender (approx. 4-5 minutes). Drain well but do not rinse.
Transfer to serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the hot asparagus and toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) peanut oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tahini (pureed sesame seeds)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 48 medium-size asparagus spears; trimmed; peeled and cleaned
|Calories from Fat||30|