Banana Chip Bars Recipe
Mix flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside. Beat margarine until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Beat in banana and SPLENDA® Granulated for 1 minute. Add flour mixture; beat until well blended. Stir in chips.
Spread evenly in greased 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan. Bake at 350F (180C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool. Cut in bars.
Optional: Sprinkle with additional rolled oats before baking, if desired.
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL) mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt