BBQ Sauce Recipe
Place oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and garlic. Saute over medium heat until translucent (approx 2-3 minutes).
Mix the bouillon and water until partially dissolved. Add bouillon mixture and all remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Stir well using a wire whisk.
Simmer, uncovered, 25-30 minutes to allow flavours to meld. Stir frequently. Refrigerate overnight in a non-metallic container. Sauce is best if prepared a day before using. Keeps well, refrigerated, for 1 week.
Note: Best if refrigerated overnight before using!
- 1 tbsp canola or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 (6oz.) cans tomato paste, divided
- 3/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 tbsp liquid smoke, hickory flavoured
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tabasco (+ 1 tsp. for spicier sauce)