Black Forest Tiramisu Recipe
Chop 9 squares of the chocolate, reserving 1 square chopped for garnish
Chocolate cream cheese mixture:
Melt the 8 squares of chocolate with the evaporated skim milk in double boiler, over gently simmering water. Stir to combine. Combine 1 package of spreadable cream cheese with 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Granulated and 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract in a separate mixing bowl.
Pour the melted chocolate mixture into this cream cheese mixture. Combine thoroughly and set aside.
Whipped cream/cream cheese mixture:
Beat the 2nd package of cream cheese with 1/3 cup (80 mL) SPLENDA® Granulated and 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
Whip the whipping cream separately until stiff peaks form and then fold into the cream cheese mixture and set aside.
Assemble into eight 10 oz ramekins or parfait glasses by dispersing in the following order: Chocolate cream cheese mixture; coffee dipped (brandy option) wafer cookies (3 per portion), 1/2 of the cherry pie filling, whipped cream/cream cheese mixture, the other 1/2 of the cherry pie filling
Top each dessert with the reserved chopped chocolate and a mint leaf
Serve immediately or chill and serve cold
- 9 squares (253 g) semi-sweet bakers chocolate
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) canned evaporated skim milk
- 2 packages (500 g) spreadable light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) and 1/3 cup (80 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 24 thin chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cold strong coffee
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brandy (optional)
- 1 can (540 mL) cherry pie filling
- 8 mint leaves