Blueberry Sage Granita Recipe
Place all ingredients, except fresh sage leaves, into blender and blend until smooth.
Press mixture through fine sieve, into an 8 inch (20 cm) square baking dish (discard solids).
Cover and freeze, stirring and crushing lumps with fork ever 1/2 hour, for a total of three hours. Stirring procedure is very important, to prevent mixture from freezing into a solid frozen lump. Texture should be ice crystals.
Serve immediately in chilled wine glasses, garnish with fresh sage leaves.
Can be frozen covered for 3 days. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving. Scrape with fork before serving.
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground sage
- 4 sprigs fresh sage leaves