Brown Sugar Blend Apple Crisp Recipe
This simple dessert is a great finale to any meal. Start with cooking apples for the best flavour and texture
Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray an 8 x 8 x2-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine 1/2 cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples, tossing to coat. Spoon into prepared pan. Set aside.
Combine oatmeal, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, and walnuts in a bowl; stir in butter. Mixture will be crumbly. Spoon over apple mixture.
Bake 45 minutes or until apples are bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 4 cups (1 1/2 lbs) peeled and thinly sliced Rome apples
- 1 1/4 cups (360 mL) quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 3/4 (180 mL) cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, melted