Caramelized Pear on Warm Brie Recipe
Thinly slice green onion, keeping white and green parts separate.
In nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; fry pear, white part of onion, salt and cinnamon for 5 minutes or until pear is softened.
Add pear juice, pecans, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, thyme and vinegar; boil, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until no liquid remains.
Place Brie on ovenproof serving dish; top with pear mixture. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is softened. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with green part of onion.
- 1 green onion
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 1 pear; diced
- pinch each salt and cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) pear juice or apple juice
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 round (200 g) Brie cheese
|Calories from Fat||90|