Chicken Cacciatore over Pasta Recipe
Slice chicken breasts into 32 pieces.
Spray a large skillet with olive oil flavored cooking spray. Saute chicken, onion, and green pepper for 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in drained tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Add SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, Italian seasoning, olives, and black pepper. Mix well to combine. Lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
For each serving, place 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta on a plate and spoon ⅔ cup (160 mL) sauce over top.
Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe = 1/2 cup (125 mL) noodles, 2/3 cup (160 mL) chicken cacciatore.
- 1 lb (0.45 kg) skinless; boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (450 g) chopped tomatoes; drained
- 1 can (225 g) tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sliced ripe olives
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) black pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) hot cooked noodles (or any favorite pasta); rinsed and drained
|Calories from Fat||40|