Chocolate Espresso Biscotti Recipe
In stand mixer or bowl with beaters, beat butter with SPLENDA® Granulated, until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture in 2 additions to form stiff dough. Stir in half of the chocolate chips.
Turn out onto work surface; divide in half. Using hands, roll each half into 10 x 2 inch (25 x 5 cm) log; flatten slightly.Transfer to greased baking sheet. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 25 minutes; let cool on pan on rack for 5 minutes.
Transfer to cutting board. Using chef’s knife, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick slices. Return to baking sheet, standing slices upright and leaving space between each. Bake until firm, about 15 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
Meanwhile, in heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt remaining chocolate chips; let cool slightly. Dip half of each biscotti into chocolate; let stand on parchment paper–lined baking sheet until set, about 30 minutes.
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) instant espresso powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) semisweet chocolate chips