Date Granola Bar Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Lightly grease a 7 x 11 inch (18 cm x 28 cm) baking pan.
Place the dates in a small saucepan with 2 tbsp water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add more water if needed to create a stiff paste.Set aside.
Place the lemon juice, SPLENDA® Granulated, golden syrup and margarine in a large saucepan and heat gently until melted. Add the remaining ingredients, including the date paste, and mix well. Press the mixture into the greased baking pan, smoothing the surface.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until set and golden.
Remove from the oven, cut into 8 bars and leave to cool in the baking pan. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
To make a nut free version, try substituting the nuts with rolled oats, coconut or even chocolate chips.
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) pitted dates
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) SPLENDA®
- No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) golden syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) polyunsaturated margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) rolled oats
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pistachios; roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) hazelnuts; chopped
|Calories from Fat||110|