Deliciously Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease cake or bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
Blend flour, SPLENDA® Granulated, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
Combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and coffee in a small bowl.
Add dry ingredients to buttermilk mixture, using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix until smooth (about 2 minutes).
Pour batter into cake or bundt pan.
Bake for 35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick in centre of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- 1 3/4 cups (430 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) hot strong black coffee