Mix together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan. Set aside.
Whisk egg yolks; add to SPLENDA® Granulated mixture whisking until blended. Gradually whisk in milk.
Cook over low heat, whisking constantly until the temperature reaches 175°, approximately (5 to 8 minutes). Remove from heat and whisk in half and half; cool.
Cover and chill 3 hours or up to 3 days. Stir in rum or vanilla just before serving.
Note – if you wish to use rum, use 1 cup (235 mL) dark rum in place of the 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 ml) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground nutmeg
- 7 egg yolks
- 4 cups (950 mL) milk
- 2 cups (475 mL) fat-free half-and-half (or reduced fat/light cream)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vanilla extract
|Calories from Fat||33|