Fruit Shortcake Recipe
Combine flour, SPLENDA® Granulated, baking powder and salt. Cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly (food processor may be used). Add milk, mixing just until moistened.
Turn out onto floured board, knead 6 to 8 times. Roll into round about 0.8-inch (2 cm) thick. Cut into rounds with 2-inch (5 cm) cutter. Place on greased baking sheet.
Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Combine fruit and SPLENDA® Granulated. Chill until serving time.
To serve, split biscuits in half. Place bottoms on dessert plates; spoon on fruit and frozen yogurt. Top with biscuit lids. Serve immediately.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) skim milk
- 3 cups (750 mL) prepared fresh or canned fruit
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 cups (500 mL) vanilla frozen yogurt