Full of Fruit Crisp Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Spray a 10-inch (25 cm) ceramic quiche dish with nonstick baking spray.
Combine ingredients for topping in a large bowl and mix together until crumbly.
Combine ingredients for filling in a large bowl and mix well. (If using frozen fruit, it can be added while it is still frozen.) Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
Sprinkle topping mixture evenly over filling. Place baking dish on a parchment-lined baking sheet to catch any spills during baking.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and juices are bubbling up. To test for doneness, insert a knife into the center of the crisp. It should be hot to the touch when you remove it. Serve warm or cold.
Replace 2 cups (500 mL) of any of the fruit above with 2 cups (500 mL) coarsely chopped apples.
Make up batches of topping and store in resealable plastic bags in the freezer. No need to thaw before using – it’s ready when you are!
Fresh rhubarb and strawberries are at their peak from April to June.
Rhubarb stalks look like big, red celery stalks. The leaves are toxic - only the stems are eaten.
Blueberries and sliced strawberries are so delicious sprinkled with a little SPLENDA® Sweetener. Enjoy them for breakfast as a topping for your oatmeal, mix them with fat-free yogurt or add them to a smoothie. Berry good!
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) flour (all-purpose or gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced strawberries (remove hulls before slicing)
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) flour (all-purpose or gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend (or 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon