Gingerbread Cake Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray Bundt pan with butter-flavoured cooking spray. Set aside.
Pour applesauce, molasses, and vegetable oil into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs. Stir well. Blend remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix well.
Add dry ingredients to the applesauce mixture. Stir well.
Pour cake batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven.
Cool cake in pan on a wire rack approximately 20 minutes. Invert cake onto serving plate. Serve warm or cool.
- 2 cups (500 mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) molasses
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups (750 mL) all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups (330 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cloves