Gluten-Free Blueberry Almond Cake Recipe
In bowl, whisk together ground almonds, all but 2 tsp (10 mL) of the SPLENDA® Granulated, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; set aside.
In separate bowl, beat butter with almond extract until light. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Stir in almond mixture. Fold in blueberries.
Pour into greased and parchment paper lined 9 inch (1.5 L) round cake pan. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool completely.
In bowl, whip cream; fold in remaining SPLENDA® Granulated. Serve a dollop of whipped cream over cake.
- 1 pkg (100 g) ground almonds
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) cornmeal
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light sour cream
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream