"Good Morning" Bran Muffins Recipe
Combine cereal and milk; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in egg and margarine; add carrots, apple and raisins.
In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir cereal mixture into dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
Spoon batter into 12 large, greased or paper baking cup-lined muffin tins.
Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes and then turn out onto rack to cool.
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) whole bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) margarine; melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded unpeeled apple (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
|Calories from Fat||50|