Iced Toffee Apple Squares Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a 9-inch (23 cm) baking pan on all sides with parchment paper, so that it hangs over the edge.
Stir butter and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend to combine. Add flour, oats, cinnamon and salt and stir until a rough crumbly texture forms. Press into prepared pan and bake for 18 minutes. Cool while preparing filling.
Sprinkle diced apple over cooled crust. Whisk eggs, SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and vanilla to combine, then whisk in flour and baking powder. Pour over apples (filling will just cover) and bake for about 25 minutes, until filling is set and starting to brown.
Cool to room temperature then chill completely, about 2 hours.
Beat butter with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend and vanilla until smooth. Spread over chilled filling, sprinkle with cinnamon and chill 20 minutes to set. To slice, remove squares from pan by lifting parchment and slice into 25 squares.
Store squares refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) regular oats (not instant)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- dash salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled and diced apple, cut into 1/2 -inch (15 mm) squares
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract cinnamon, for sprinkling