Lemon Chiffon Cake Recipe
In bowl, sift together flour, SPLENDA® Granulated, baking powder and salt. Make a well in centre of flour mixture. Add ingredients to well in the following order: oil, egg yolks, water, lemon rind and juice. Beat with mixer at medium speed until smooth.
Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until very stiff peaks form. Add batter and fold in gently. Pour into ungreased 10-inch (25 cm) tube pan or non-stick Bundt pan.
Bake at 325 °F (160 °C) for about 50 minutes. Invert pan and cool for 45 minutes. Gently loosen cake from pan.
Lemon glaze (optional):
Mix 1/2 cup (125 mL) icing sugar and about 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.
- 2 1/4 cups (560 mL) sifted cake and pastry flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) water
- 4 tsp (20 mL) grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 8 egg whites
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cream of tartar