Lemon Chiffon Pie Recipe
Pour evaporated milk in a mixing bowl; place in freezer until ice crystals form (about 30 minutes).
Sprinkle gelatin over water and lemon juice in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Stir in SPLENDA® Granulated and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves. Stir in lemon rind and lemon extract.
Beat evaporated milk at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes). Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating at high speed until mixture is combined. Do not over beat.
Pour mixture into crust; cover and chill 1 hour or until set.
- 1 cup (250 mL) evaporated milk
- 1 (7 g) envelope unflavoured gelatin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) lemon extract (optional)
- 1 9 inch (23 cm) graham cracker crust