Lemon Coconut Shortbreads Recipe
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
In a food processor, pulse flour, coconut, SPLENDA® Granulated, lemon zest and salt. Break butter into pieces and pulse until dough comes together (dough will be soft). Shape into a disc, wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
On a lightly floured surface, knead dough once or twice until pliable. Roll out to just shy of 1/4-inch (7 mm) thickness and cut out into 2-inch (5 cm) cookies of desired shape.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, just until bottom edges start to colour. Cool cookies on baking tray before removing.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days or a month frozen.
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) unsalted butter, cool but not cold