Lemon Mousse Recipe
In a medium saucepan, whisk together lemon juice, egg yolks and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
Remove saucepan from heat.
Place gelatin in a medium mixing bowl. Pour in hot lemon mixture and stir until gelatin has completely dissolved. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, chill a separate mixing bowl. Pour the chilled cream into the bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
Fold whipped cream into cooled lemon mixture.
Divide lemon mousse evenly among 6 champagne or parfait glasses. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
At serving time, garnish each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of grated lemon zest. Serve chilled.
* Refrigeration Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup (250 mL) lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 tsp (25 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 10 g (1 1/2 packages) unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chilled whipping cream (35% cream)
- Whipped cream and grated lemon zest