Low-Fat Bran Muffins Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray or line muffin cups with paper liners.
Mix applesauce, egg, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, salt, dry milk, and SPLENDA® Granular together in a large mixing bowl using a wire whisk. Stir until well blended. Add remaining wheat bran, flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Stir well. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
Fill muffin cups with batter. Sprinkle tops with some bran flakes as a garnish, if desired. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 20-25 minutes. Muffins will spring back slightly to the touch when done.
These muffins are best served warm!
Try adding 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, or 1 cup blueberries or 1 cup raspberries, or 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest to the batter for flavour variety.
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Low-Fat Buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) Canola Oil
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. (1/2 ml) Salt
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) Nonfat Dry Milk
- 3/4 cup (188 ml) SPLENDA® Granular
- 1 cup (250 ml) Wheat Bran (also known as Millers Bran)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7.2 g) Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. (4.8 g) Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. (28.4 g) Flax Seeds
- 2 Tbsp. (28.4 g) Dried Currants (or raisins)
|Calories from Fat||45|