Macadamia Toffee Chip Blondies Recipe
Line 8-inch (2 L) square cake pan with foil, leaving overhang for handles. Set aside.
In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate; let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in separate bowl, beat butter with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in chocolate.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture. Fold in toffee bits and nuts. Spread in prepared pan.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until tester inserted in centre comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Remove from pan and cut into bars.
- 2 oz (56 g) white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each baking soda and salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toffee bits (such as Skor™)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) macadamia nuts, chopped