Maple Oatmeal Hazelnut Shortbread Recipe
In food processor, finely grind hazelnuts; set aside.
In large bowl, beat butter with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until light; beat in maple syrup and maple extract. Stir in oats and flour. Roll 1 tbsp (15 mL) of mixture into balls; roll in nuts to coat. Flatten slightly; place, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, on baking sheets. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for about 10 minutes or until puffed and set. Let cool for 1 minute. Transfer to racks; let cool completely.
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) hazelnuts
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) maple extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats, not instant
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour