Marbled Chocolate Cheesecake Bites Recipe
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C)
In a 7” x 11” (18 cm x 28 cm) glass baking dish, combine the melted margarine with the crumbs and SPLENDA®Brown Sugar Blend; mix well. Press firmly into the bottom of the baking dish.
Microwave the chocolate chips in a two-cup glass measuring cup on medium power for 1 minute. Stir well. Microwave on medium for 30 to 60 seconds longer, until melted. Set aside.
In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, process the cream cheese, cottage cheese and SPLENDA® Granulated until smooth, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the egg, egg whites and vanilla and process until well mixed, about 30 seconds longer (do not over process). Remove approximately 3/4 cup (180 mL) of the batter and add to the melted chocolate, mix until blended.
Pour the white cheesecake batter over the crust. Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter in blobs over the white batter. Cut through the batter carefully with a knife to create a marbled effect - if you blend the batter too much, the marbled effect will disappear.
Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, just until set.
Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature.
Using a sharp knife, make 6 cuts across the width and 8 cuts across the length to make 48 bite-size pieces. Store covered in the refrigerator. Place in paper cupcake liners to serve. Serve chilled
They will keep for 3 to 4 days in the fridge and freeze well.
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) melted tub margarine (non-hydrogenated)
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 lb (450 g) light cream cheese, cut in chunks
- 1/2 lb (225 g) pressed cottage cheese (0.5%)
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract