Molten Centre Chocolate Raspberry Cake Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease 6 5-ounce ramekins.
Melt chocolate in a bowl placed over a pot of barely simmering water, stirring often. Remove, stir in coffee granules and cool slightly.
Beat butter and SPLENDA® Granulated until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and cooled chocolate. Sift in flour, cocoa, cinnamon and salt and combine. Spoon mixture into prepared ramekins. Press 3 raspberries into centre of each cake and spread filling to make level.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, just until top of cakes lose their shine. Let cakes sit for 2 minutes, then invert each onto a plate to serve.
NOTE: Molten cake batter can be prepared in advance and chilled, just add an extra 3 minutes to bake time.
- 8 oz (250 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) ground cinnamon
- dash fine salt
- 18 fresh or frozen raspberries