Nana-Nut Bread Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9 x 5 inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Blend the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Add oil, buttermilk and vanilla to the mashed bananas. Mix well. Pour banana mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until just mixed. Add chopped walnuts. Stir until just mixed.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until rich brown and the centre is set.
*Black walnuts can be used to create uniquely flavoured banana bread.
- 1 1/3 cups (330 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) mashed bananas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) reduced fat buttermilk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped walnuts*
|Calories from Fat||45|