No-Cook Light Peach Jam Recipe
Peel, pit and finely chop peaches (do not puree). Measure 4 cups (1 L) peaches into large bowl. Stir in SPLENDA®Granular. Let stand 15 minutes. Slowly sprinkle gelling powder into peaches while stirring for 3 minutes. Stir in almonds and almond extract. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir again for 1 minute.
Pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) headspace; seal. (To sterilize jars, place both lids and jars in boiling water for 15 minutes before filling.)
Store in freezer for up to 1 year or in the refrigerator for 6 weeks.
Notes: Variations include Brandied Peach Jam (omit almonds and extract; stir in 1 1/2 tbsp (20 mL) brandy) and Ginger Peach Jam (omit almonds and extract, if desired; stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped, candied ginger.
- 4 cups (1 L) peaches - prepared; ripe
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) SPLENDA® Granular
- 1 pkg (45 g) Garden Fare TM Freezer Jam Gelling Powder
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped; slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) almond extract