Nutty Dark Chocolate Cookie Delight Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Mix the flour with the SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend in an 8 inch or 9 inch (20 cm or 23 cm) square pan.
Add the butter in pieces. Use a fork to obtain a grainy consistency.
Spread evenly in the pan and press lightly.
Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuit edges are golden. Let cool.
Melt chocolate in microwave oven.
Add 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Granulated and mix well.
Pour melted chocolate on biscuit.
Sprinkle coconut. Add nuts. Set aside.
In a small bowl, thoroughly mix cream and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend into melted butter. Spread over nut mixture using a spoon.
Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes, or until nut mixture is golden brown. Let cool and cut in squares. Store in airtight container. Freeze as required.
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 oz. (2 squares – 60 g) unsweetened dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) ground unsalted nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, peanuts)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) 35% cream
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend