Orange and Parmesan Spareribs Recipe
On the BBQ:
Mix all the dry rub ingredients. Rub onto all sides of the spareribs. Place on squares of aluminum foil wrap. Add 1 tbsp liquid smoke, 2 tbsp HP sauce and 2 tbsp orange juice concentrate to each rack of spareribs.
Fold the paper over to create airtight packages, being careful not to make holes in the paper.
Cook for 1 hour on the barbecue, with the lid down on medium-high heat.
Remove from heat, remove the foil and sprinkle Parmesan on the top of the ribs. Return to the barbecue and cook for 15 minutes more, on medium heat.
In the Oven:
You may also bake the spareribs in a 375°F oven for approximately 2 hours. Pull back the foil wrap; dust the ribs with Parmesan and brown
approximately 10 minutes more under the broiler.
- 2 racks of spareribs (about 2 lbs or 900 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) liquid smoke
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) HP sauce
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) grated Parmesan
- Brazilian Dry Rub
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) salt
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) coriander powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange zest
|Calories from Fat||310|