Pear Ginger Muffins Recipe
In large bowl, beat butter with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground ginger; stir into egg mixture just until combined. Fold in pears and crystallized ginger. Spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until tops are firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove to rack and let cool completely.
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter; softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend; packed
- 2 eggs 1/3 cup (80 mL) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and ground ginger
- 2 cups (500 mL) ripe pears; peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crystallized ginger; finely chopped
|Calories from Fat||54|