Poached Salmon with Papaya Avocado Salsa Recipe
In bowl, combine papaya, avocado, green onion, lemon juice, SPLENDA® Granulated, hot pepper (if using), salt and pepper. Set aside.
In shallow Dutch oven or skillet large enough to hold fish in single layer, bring 4 cups (1 L) water and vegetable stock to boil; reduce heat to simmer. Add salmon; cover and barely simmer for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested.
Transfer fish to plates; spoon salsa over top.
- 1 papaya or mango; peeled; seeded and diced
- 1 avocado; pitted; peeled and chopped
- 1 green onion; finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 2 tsp (10 mL) thinly sliced hot red pepper rounds (optional)
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable stock
- 4 salmon fillets (5 oz/140 g each)
|Calories from Fat||189|