Pumpkin Hermits Recipe
In large bowl, beat butter with SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until light; beat in eggs, pumpkin purée and molasses.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend mixture.
Stir in dates and pepitas.
Drop by rounded 1 tbsp (15 mL), about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, onto greased or parchment paper lined baking sheets. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) molasses
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each baking powder and cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each baking soda and salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped dates or raisins
- 1 cup (250 mL) pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)