Pumpkin Spice Roll Recipe
In a medium bowl, beat the whipping cream until it holds a stiff peak; set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese with the SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth and creamy. Stir in half the whipped cream. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream. Chill until ready to use.
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 15 x 10-inch (38 cm x 25 cm) jelly-roll pan or rimmed baking sheet. Line the pan with parchment paper that over hangs the edges. Grease the parchment paper well. Set a clean, non-textured kitchen towel on a flat surface and dust with half the icing sugar.
Beat the eggs with the SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend; stir in the pumpkin, oil and vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir the flour with the cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cloves. Stir into the wet mixture until just combined.
Spread in an even layer over the prepared pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched in the center. Immediately turn the cake onto the prepared kitchen towel. Carefully peel away the parchment paper and dust with remaining icing sugar. Starting at the short end, roll the cake up in the towel. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Unroll the cake and spread the cream cheese mixture over top in an even layer, leaving a very small border. Carefully roll the cake into a jellyroll and place on a serving platter.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 4 oz (125 g) plain, light brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) icing sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Brown Sugar Blend
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) pure pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cloves