Raisin Butter Tart Pockets Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Beat butter and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend to combine. Stir in extracts and then stir in raisins to coat
Spread out one sheet of phyllo pastry and brush lightly with butter. Lay another sheet of phyllo on top and brush with butter. Continue layering and brushing 2 more phyllo sheets. Cut phyllo into 8 strips. Spoon a little raisin filling at the end of each strip. Fold a triangle over fruit filling and continue folding the pastry into a triangle, sealing in the fruit.
Repeat with remaining 4 sheets of phyllo. Place pockets, seam-side down on prepared tray. Brush tops with egg mixture and bake for about 16 minutes, until pastry is a rich golden brown.
Serve pockets warm or at room temperature.
Raisin Butter Tart Pockets can be stored for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp (5 mL) maple extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) golden raisins
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg whisked with 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold water, for brushing