Raisin Scones Recipe
In large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup (50 mL) SPLENDA® Granulated, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut margarine into flour mixture until mixture is crumbly (food processor may be used). Stir in raisins. Add milk, mixing just until moistened.
Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead dough 6-8 times. Roll out to 8-inch (20 cm) circle.
With floured knife, cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges on cookie sheet. Brush tops lightly with beaten egg white. Sprinkle tops with 1 tbsp (15 mL) SPLENDA® Granulated.
Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) margarine
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) raisins
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk (skim preferred)
- Surface Coating
- 1 egg white; lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
|Calories from Fat||54|