Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe
In bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs with butter until moistened; press onto bottom of greased 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan. Place pan on large square of heavy-duty foil; press foil up around side of pan. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until firm, about 8 minutes. Let cool.
Filling: In heatproof bowl, cover raisins with boiling water; let stand for 10 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside. (If using candied peel, omit soaking).
In food processor, purée together ricotta cheese, cream cheese and SPLENDA® Granulated until smooth. Blend in eggs, 1 at a time. Blend in sour cream, flour, lemon rind, vanilla and salt. Fold in raisins. Pour over crust.
Set foil-wrapped pan in larger pan; pour in enough hot water to come 1-inch (2.5 cm) up sides. Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven until set at edge but still slightly jiggly in centre, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove pan from water. Run knife around edge of cake; remove foil and let cool on rack. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours. Remove side of pan.
- 1 cup (250 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) golden raisins or candied peel
- 1 container (475 g) ricotta cheese
- 8 oz (250 g) light cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light sour cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt