Santa Fe Veggie Chili Recipe
In a large, non stick, stock pot heat olive oil. Saute jalapeno pepper, onion, and red and yellow peppers over medium heat until onions are translucent (5-8 minutes).
Add the remaining ingredients and slowly bring to a boil. Cover pot and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Chili tastes best when allowed to sit overnight. Refrigerate chili in covered pot overnight. Bring to a boil over a low heat, stirring constantly. Serve with SPLENDA® Hearty Corn Cakes.
NOTE: If hot chili is preferred, increase the ground cayenne red pepper to 1 tsp (5 mL) and increase the chili powder to 7 tsp (35 mL). If sweeter chili is preferred, increase SPLENDA® Granulated to 2/3 cup (160 mL).
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper; seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1 1/3 cup (330 mL) chopped red and yellow bell peppers
- 6 tsp (30 mL) chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) paprika 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 28 oz (794 g) can crushed tomatoes with thick tomato puree
- 1 x 19 oz (539 g) can black beans; undrained
- 2 x 19 oz (539 g) cans dark red kidney beans; undrained
- 1 x 19 oz (539 g) can cannellini beans; undrained
- 1 x 10 oz (283 g) package frozen whole kernel corn
|Calories from Fat||15|