Silver Dollar Pancakes with Warm Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Spray a griddle or large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat.
In a large bowl, combine both flours, 2 1/2 teaspoons (12 mL) of SPLENDA® Granulated, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a fork and set aside.
In another large bowl, whisk together milk and egg whites. Add to flour mixture and whisk until almost smooth (ignore small lumps).
Ladle 1 heaping tablespoon (15 mL) batter onto hot griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear around the edges, 2 minutes. Flip and cook 1 minute. Transfer to a warm plate and keep warm in a 250°F (120°C) oven while cooking remaining pancakes.
Combine raspberries, 2 teaspoons (10 mL) of SPLENDA® Granulated, cornstarch and vanilla in a small saucepan. Set pan over medium heat and simmer until raspberries break down and sauce thickens, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour sauce through a fine sieve to remove seeds.
Serve pancakes with warm sauce on top. Yields about 4 pancakes and 2 tablespoons (30 mL) sauce per serving.
NOTE: This sweet breakfast is perfect for a blustery morning. You can also substitute frozen blueberries for the raspberries.
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole-grain wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1 1/2 tsp (8 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) table salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) fat-free milk
- 2 large egg whites
- Raspberry Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened frozen red raspberries
- thawed2 tsp (10 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener
- Granulated2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
|Calories from Fat||5|