Southwestern BBQ Sauce Recipe
Sweat off the shallots and garlic in oil on medium heat until hot.Add the chipotle peppers and cook for a few minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients, except for ketchup. Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the ketchup and cook for another 10 minutes on medium heat until the liquid reduces.
Pour the sauce into a blender and mix until smooth.
The chipotle peppers add a nice kick to this summer staple.Perfect for smothering on ribs!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil1 shallot; chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic; chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) molasses
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 4 chipotle peppers
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) HP Sauce®
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bottle (341 mL) beer
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) ketchup
|Calories from Fat||4|