Spicy Gingersnaps Recipe
Cream butter and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until smooth. Beat in egg, then egg yolk.
In a separate bowl, stir flour with remaining ingredients to combine. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until blended. Shape into a disc, wrap and chill for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch (7 mm) thick. Cut out cookies in desired shapes (a 2-inch/5-cm cutter yields about 5 dozen cookies). Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Cookies will crisp up once cooled.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 2 months.
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (250 mL) SPLENDA® Brand Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground allspice