SPLENDA® Citrus Infused Chili Con Carne Recipe
Zesty orange sauce:
Pour water and SPLENDA® Granulated, into a saucepan. Stir well and bring to a boil.
Add orange zest and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
Strain orange zest well through a strainer and set aside.
In a large saucepan, heat half of the oil.
Brown onions, zucchinis and peppers over medium heat.
Add the beans and corn. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat and set aside.
In another saucepan, heat the other half of the oil and brown ground beef.
Then, mix in the coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper and beef liquid concentrate.
Add the vegetable mixture, tomatoes, SPLENDA® Granulated, and zesty orange sauce to the beef mix.
Simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes.
Place the chili on each tortilla with a slotted spoon.
Roll up the tortillas and hold each one together with a toothpick.
When you make chili, make lots of it. Chili tastes best reheated, freezes well and makes a great lunch for the office or school.
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions; finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis; diced
- 3 peppers; finely diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) mixed beans; canned
- 2 cups (500 mL) corn; frozen
- Salt and pepper
- 4 lb (1.8 kg) ground beef
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) beef broth liquid concentrate
- 2 cans (28 oz) tomatoes with fine herbs; diced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 10–12 large tortillas
- Zesty orange Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener; Granulated
- 1/2 orange zest
|Calories from Fat||243|