Spring Greens with Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
Mix cornstarch, SPLENDA® Granulated and water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium high heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens. Set aside until cool (approx. 10 minutes).
Place orange juice, lime juice, vinegar and grated orange peel in the jar of a blender. Mix briefly on high.
Turn blender on low and drizzle canola oil into juice mixture. Add starch mixture to juice mixture and briefly blend on low.
Season with salt and pepper.
Toss finished dressing with greens. Refrigerate remaining dressing up to 5 days.
SPLENDA® TIPS: For even more summer flavour, try adding orange and grapefruit wedges to your salad. Or, for a more traditional salad, add freshly sliced tomato, cucumber and onions!
- 1 tsp (5 mL) corn starch
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated orange peel
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) table salt
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 mL) White Ground Pepper
- 4 5 oz. (5 oz/150 g) bags baby salad greens (approx. 2 oz (60 g) per serving)
|Calories from Fat||126|