Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Coat an 8” (20 cm) square baking pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine strawberries, rhubarb, 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of SPLENDA® Granulated and cornstarch. Mix well and spoon mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
To prepare dough, in a large bowl or food processor, combine flour, 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of SPLENDA® Granulated, baking powder and baking soda. Add margarine and mix with your fingers or process in the food processor until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
Add sour cream and milk and mix until dough comes together.
Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead 5 times, until blended.
Divide dough into 16 equal pieces and roll each piece into a small ball. Place balls on top of strawberry-rhubarb mixture and gently press down to flatten. Brush the surface of dough with egg.
Bake until filling is bubbly and top is golden brown, 45 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before serving. Yields about 1/2 cup (125 mL) fruit mixture and 2 biscuits per serving.
- 16 oz (454 g) unsweetened frozen strawberries; thawed for 15 minutes
- 14 oz (397 g) frozen rhubarb; or fresh; cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces; thawed for 15 minutes if frozen
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cup (330 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) reduced-calorie margarine; cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fat-free milk1 large egg; lightly beaten