Sweet and Sour Braised Chicken Recipe
In shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper; coat chicken in mixture. In shallow Dutch oven, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken. Remove to plate.
Add remaining oil to pan; sauté onion, carrots and green pepper until tender, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to pan.
Whisk orange juice, 1/2 cup (125 mL) water, SPLENDA® Granulated, soy sauce, tomato paste, cornstarch and garlic; add to pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks; skinned
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 onion; cut into wedges
- 2 carrots; cut into chunks
- 1 sweet green pepper; cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) each soy sauce and tomato paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic
|Calories from Fat||117|