Sweet Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
Spray non-stick sauté pan with olive oil spray. Sauté red peppers for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
In food processor, add all ingredients including red peppers.
Puree for 1 minute, scrape the sides, and continue to puree until smooth. Refrigerate until serving time.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 (19 oz) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped red bell pepper
- olive oil-flavoured cooking spray