Warm Spinach Salad Recipe
Place spinach greens in a large mixing bowl. Remove any undesirable leaves or large stems. Add croutons. Set aside.
Blend vinegar, water, mustard and SPLENDA® Granulated in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
Slice bacon into small strips. Place in a medium saucepan and fry over medium-high heat until crispy (approximately 3-4 minutes).
Add onion and garlic and cook over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes.
Add vinegar mixture and simmer 1-2 minutes. Pour over spinach and croutons. Toss well. Serve immediately.
** Regular fresh spinach may be used in place of baby spinach but will result in a less delicate salad.
- 1 (7-oz) bag (219 g) baby spinach greens**
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fat-free salad
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener- Granulated
- 5 slices turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red onion; chopped 2 garlic cloves; minced
|Calories from Fat||32|